Value Drivers for Digitalization of the Product Lifecycle
Insights for the PLM Professional—Why the investment, what are the returns, and how are they achieved?
Do you have a success story you would like to share with your peers? If so, think about presenting at our event. Take a look at our call for abstracts.
These days, most companies are actively engaging in a digital transformation journey, often within the context of a broader business transformation program. For companies that develop, produce, and/or service products, the scope of transformation is full lifecycle—extending across the interconnected value chain of customers, partners, and suppliers. Billions of dollars are being invested in model-based this and that and digital everything. Examples include model-based definition, model-based systems engineering, model-based enterprise, digital engineering, digital twins, digital threads, and so on.
While every facet of a digital transformation is important, there is a growing realization that elevating the data perspective is critical to success. There has been a paradigm shift in motion for decades to transition from document-based to model-based representations of product information. The next leap is enabling ready access and interpretation of the information within these digital representations and other digital resources through data architectures, standards, governance, and tools such as AI.
PLM Road Map & PDT 2024 will highlight the shift towards data enablement. It will provide insights into where industrial end-user companies are today and how they can benefit in the future. It will help us to understand what is available from the software provider and systems integrator communities. It will provide an environment for you to learn, discuss, and collaboratively help move Product Lifecycle digitalization forward.
Building on prior conferences, our agenda will offer a mix of reports and case studies shared by industry experts, covering the people, process, and technology aspects of product life cycle digitalization. Join your peers at PLM Road Map and PDT 2024 to learn, discuss, and collaborate to help move product lifecycle digitalization forward.
Agenda topics will include the following:
- The factors driving investment in product lifecycle digitalization. The goals, value achieved, and lessons learned
- The strategic positioning of digital threads and digital twins within a product lifecycle digitalization program
- How MBSE and MBE support and build on product lifecycle digitalization
- How AI builds upon and enables product lifecycle digitalization
- Extending product lifecycle digitalization across suppliers and customers and addressing the inherent security concerns
- How the data perspective can reshape established processes like configuration management
- The role of data governance, and how to design trust into the data to enable increased automation
- Standards relevant to product lifecycle digitalization
- Developing people skills for today and the future
- Explaining product lifecycle digitalization to stakeholders outside of PLM Professionals
- The role of CXOs and the Board in driving product lifecycle digitalization, and how to get their sponsorship
- Building on product lifecycle digitalization to achieve an environmental, social, and governance operation and how to capture sustainability and circular economy opportunities
Don’t miss PLM Road Map & PDT North America 2024 on 8-9 May if you are concerned with PLM and delivering increased business value on all levels in and across your enterprise. Regardless of your industry, join us in the Washington D.C. area for the opportunity to interact with PLM leaders and your peers, learn about successes and trends, and take the next step in your journey as a PLM professional.
Please mark your calendars and register early.