The Digital Thread in a Heterogeneous, Extended Enterprise Reality
A call for PLM Professionals to share their knowledge and experience
The Digital Thread holds much promise and keeps many PLM Professionals busy defining, planning, and implementing it. While still visionary, business cases exist with benefits starting to surface. Full-scale implementations are not yet common. However, much technical work is going on. Alongside the technical work, companies are also investigating and investing in how to deliver tangible benefits to the bottom line. In some cases, technology as an enabler will drive the implementation of Digital Threads, yet in other cases, new processes based on Digital Threads disrupt industries.
Implementing a Digital Thread and its governance is daunting—potentially including redefining the business scope, processes, and skills. Unless the processes and people are enabled to implement and govern a Digital Thread, it will not happen.
The PLM Professional is key to implementing a Digital Thread. Still, it is a team effort involving many others, including enterprise architects, process owners, IT security, supply chain, engineering, manufacturing, customer support, aftermarket, and those at the CXO level.
PLM Road Map & PDT 2023 will advance our understanding of the Digital Thread. It will provide insights into where industrial end-user companies are today and how they plan to benefit from the Digital Thread in the future. It will help us to understand what is available from the software provider and systems integrator communities. And it will provide an environment for you to share your knowledge and experiences and shorten the time for return on investment in the Digital Thread.
Building on previous PLM Roadmap & PDT conferences, our agenda will offer a mix of reports and case studies from industry experts, covering the people, process, and technology aspects of Digital Thread realization.
Agenda topics will seek to answer the following:
- How do we govern the creation and expansion of a Digital Thread?
- How do we implement a Digital Thread across a heterogenous IT landscape?
- How do we implement a Digital Thread across an extended community of suppliers and customers?
- How do we address security issues with a Digital Thread across an extended enterprise?
- How does the Digital Thread enable sustainability and a circular economy?
- How does Digital Thread realization impact the management of legacy systems and data?
- How do we build a resilient Digital Thread?
- What is the relationship between Digital Thread and Configuration Management?
- What is the relationship between Digital Thread and Digital Twin?
- How do we explain the Digital Thread beyond the community of PLM Professionals?
Don’t miss PLM Road Map & PDT North America 2023 on 3-4 May if you are concerned with PLM and delivering increased business value on all levels in and across your enterprise. Regardless of your industry, join us in the Washington D.C. area for the opportunity to interact with PLM leaders and peers, learn about successes and trends, and take the next step in your journey as a PLM professional.
Please mark your calendars and register early.